Within a short walk of the property you can find…
- Local seafood, a café, a simple bar meal or fine dining; a few drinks in the evening or live traditional music;
- A small sandy beach, a children’s play area and playing fields at the Port Mor Centre;
- The Museum of Islay Life and the Islay Natural History Trust Visitor Centre;
- A small village shop with food supplies, fuel and a post office.
Within a short drive you will find…
- Three of Islay’s eight working distilleries – Bruichladdich Distillery (1.5 miles), Kilchoman Distillery (7 miles) and Bowmore Distillery (10 miles);
- The RSPB reserve and sea loch fishing at Gruinart;
- Some of Islay’s beautiful, unspoiled beaches at Ardnave, Machir Bay and Saligo;
- The Machrie Links Golf course.
If you enjoy horse-riding, cycling, water sports, golf, fishing, whisky tasting, hillwalking, bird-watching, photography or a stroll on the beach, Islay has something to offer you.
Info on how to get here can be found on the Islay Info Travel section